Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I AM COLOR

It's been awhile since we've been together- I know, I've been busy and let my business take priority-(at least I like to think I'm busy) I even lost some followers on my blog which I totally understand. Why hang around when ain't nobody here!
So I've decided to give it another shot. Another go around. And I've decided to take you on a discovery of what makes me. You may not even care. But you're here for a reason right?

I'm trying to figure out what makes me, ME!... Have you ever thought what makes you unique? What makes YOU different from another girl. Is it the way you dress....the way you do your hair-the COLOR of your hair?  Is it the shape of your face? But These are all outside features.
Let's go a little deeper. Again, what is it that makes YOU unique. WE can all dress the same. We can talk the same. We can even have a pretty face.

All of these questions began with a book. A little book. Easy to read, ( I read all 271 pages in 2 days)

REWORK by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson. GET IT. BUY IT NOW!!!
I borrowed it from Tami and loved it so much I wrote all over it- circled it, underlined it, and now I gotta buy it and replace it. Sorry Tami!

This book led me to really think what it is about me in Miss Ruby Sue.

Quoting from the book:
"Pour yourself into your product and everything around your product too; how you sell it, how you support it, how you explain it, and how you deliver it. Competitors can never copy the you in your product."

So that made me think about me in my products. Me. Hmmmmmmm. Well I don't really know! But I better know quick.

And I realized the first and most important thing about me in my creations is color.


                                                              
                                                               I am color.




It's in my hair.


                 
      It's in my work.  I am a colorful person. I am not afraid to wear it, or design it. I am color.

(Sweater and giraffe shoes from J.Crew. Shorts from Maurices)  Hair by Allie. (More on that later)

Talk to you soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...