Monday, November 14, 2011

Gift Certificates-- Q and A

"How do those darn Gift Certificates work?"   You wouldn't believe how many times I get asked that, so I decided to FINALLY post your answers here on my blog, and I hope this helps anyone who is trying to encorporate GC into their shops.  




Sue writes:  "I'd like to pick your brain as a fellow Etsian. I want to start offering shoppers gift certificates but can't figure out the instructions I should give to the gift certificate recipients on how to redeem the certificate. Would you mind sharing the instructions you provide? I'd really really appreciate it!"

Well Sue, to make it brief and to the point, I set a dollar amount in different increments of 25, 50 and 100.00
The gift giver purchases the item and I agree to email the GC in the form of an email, or, I can print the GC and send it in the mail to the recipient, with a special code- either a number or a word so I know it's legit. Then the recipient contacts me by email and lets me know what item they'd like.


These are the instructions at my shop--
These gift certificates are great as last minute gifts! They are e-mailed to you or the recipient
so you don't have to depend on the post office for delivery! If you prefer, an actuall card can be mailed to the lucky recipient. Just let me know the recievers address, etc in note to seller.
These certificates are redeemable towards any item in our shop including shipping and can even be applied to custom orders. If the purchase is less than the amount purchased any remaining balance will be logged as a credit and can be applied toward future purchases.
You will receive a beautiful .pdf file via email within 24 hours of your purchase for the Dollar amount. You can then print it out and present it to your loved one as a special gift! 
When purchasing a certificate please write in the message to seller:

Your Name
Your email 
Recipient's Name



                                                      Same goes for the Surprise Headband:

I hope that helps! And if you have a better idea, I'd love to hear it and we can share it with everyone else.

All graphics were done by my good friends at   Sweet Bee Design Shoppe-- because I suck at computer stuff.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...